If you are using the Google Maps API on localhost or your domain was not active prior to June 22nd, 2016, it will require a key going forward.
Keep in mind that each free API key comes with a 25,000 map loads per day limit (you can always get multiple free keys, though); so, for very large websites, you could possibly need a Pemium Plan license.
How to fix the error: step-by-step tutorial
1. Get an API key:
- Follow this link and click on Get a key:
- Agree with the service Terms of Service
- Choose a label for your new key and specify the websites on which the key usage will be allowed (it is optional, but highly recommended), then click on Create:
Notice: When create refferer it may take up to 5 minutes for settings to take effect
- Write down your brand new API key, and click OK
3. Go to EZG where Google Maps widget is added and double click on it to open settings window. There will see API KEY tab where have to paste your API key.
Click OK then upload changes.