Each page in the project has its own Page Settings tab. Select a page in Explorer panel and then check its Page Settings. The tab is divided into few sections. Some of them have a small button () at the bottom right corner, click these to access more settings.
- Page Title (text box) - Text that is shown in the Browser title bar. As the title will be detected and shown by search engines (Google etc), it deserves some consideration.
- Page Header (text box) - Shown as the page title in the small header image at the top of each page. If you want to change this later, enter the new title and click Refresh button () to activate the change. Leave this box empty if you don't want to have pageheader for this page. To disable pageheaders for entire project, go to Project Template and choose Disable for Page Header.
- Menu Title (text box) - Text displayed when you move your cursor over the pages menu label. Leave this box empty if you don't want popup text.
- Banner Link (drop-down menu box) - The banner image (the editable image) is linked to site home page. To set a different link for each page, use this option.
Filename / Folder
- Page Filename (text box) - The pages filename. Leave this box empty, if you want to use the default filename generated by EZGenerator. If you set a custom filename, make sure it's unique and use the Refresh button () to apply the change.
- Page Folder (drop-down menu box) - The folder in which the page will be stored on your computer. The default folder is 'documents'. You can select any other existing folder or create new one, using the Add Folder button ().
Keywords and Description
- Keywords (text box) - Add keywords that are associated with your website. For multiple keywords use "," (comma) as a separator. Note: Keywords are ignored by most search engines! Use Get Keywords button () to retrieve keywords from current page.
- Description (text box) - Add a short description of the page (one or two sentences). This text is very important as it is used by Google and other search engines on search results page. This is your chance to write an advertisement for the page. Keep it short and to the point. For example: EZGenerator Super Web Site Builder, your visual editor to build your own great website!.
- More Description (text box) - Use this field to insert longer description.
- Robots Meta (drop-down menu box)- This tells visiting web robots (search engines) if a page should not be indexed, or links on the page should not be followed.
IMPORTANT: You don't need to touch this setting, except if you want page NOT to be indexed. In this case select none or noindex.
INDEX: search engine robots should include this page. FOLLOW: robots should follow links from this page to other pages. NOINDEX: links can be explored, although the page is not indexed. NOFOLLOW: the page can be indexed, but no links are explored. NONE: robots can ignore the page.
- Page Change Frequency (drop-down menu box) - This setting tells Google and other search engines how often the page changes - hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. This value is included into the XML sitemap (if created).
- Priority (drop-down menu box) - Sets the priority of this page compared to the other pages on your site. This value is included into the XML sitemap (if created) and provides general information to search engines. This value has no effect on your pages compared to pages on other sites, and only lets the search engines know which of your pages you deem most important. The highest priority is 10, and the lowest 1.
- Hide in menu (check box) - EZGenerator will hide current page from site navigation menu. However, the page is still generated (so it can be linked from other pages) and included in the sitemap.
- Hide template (check box) - Removes the template menu area in the hidden page (available only when Hide in menu is checked).
- Hide in search (check box) - Excludes the current page from site built-in Search.
- Hide in sitemap (check box) - Excludes current page from the sitemap AND make it invisible for search engines (UNLESS you make a direct link to it on your site or elsewhere, then it can be discovered).
More - Advanced
- Mode (drop-down menu box) - Sets Right To Left or Left to Right mode.
- External Link (text box)- Link to an external URL. When site visitors select this page from the site menu, the browser will open the linked external page instead.
Note: you can use absolute (while link URL) or relative (on your site) paths here.
- Target (drop-down menu box) - This parameter sets the target frame of the page. The default choice opens the page in the full body of the window. Whole Page opens the page in the full body of the window. New Window opens the page in a new window or tab.
- Page Body Tag (text box)- Include extra HTML attributes in the page BODY tag (). (Advanced users only)
More - Page Background
- Background - Opens a Page Background window, to change the page background color or set background image for current page. For more information see Background Properties.
You can press CTRL and click in the Background-color edit field, and move mouse over template to recognize colors. To change background for the whole site, go to Project Template.
More - Page Protection
- Protection (drop-down menu box) - Use this option if you want to protect the current page. You have two options: Protected and Unprotected for normal pages; and Protected, Admin section controlled by Online Administration and Unprotected, Admin section controlled by Online Administration for editable pages as Blog, Calendar, Online Editable Page, Shop, etc.
- Supress Float Login (url picker) - Disable 'Float Login' for current page. This option is available only if you have enabled Float Login for the site in Project Template.
- Protection Area (url picker) - Group protected pages (group page access) and set it in the drop-down menu. For more information, see Page Protection.
More - Mobile Page
If you want to create mobile version of current page, check Mobile pages and then set the following options:
- Title (edit box) - Set a different title for the mobile page. Leave it empty if you want to use original page title.
- Mobile Menu (drop-down menu) - Sets how page will be included in the mobile menu. With the Use original page in mobile menu option, the original page will be included in the mobile menu. With the option Use mobile page in mobile menu the mobile version of page will be included in the mobile menu. With option Remove page from mobile menu the page will be removed from the mobile menu.
- Detect (drop-down menu) - Detect mobile devices. With option Don't detect mobile phones when page is accessed from mobile it will not detect it and will show original page. With option Detect all small screen devices page will try to detect all small screen devices and will show the corresponding mobile page version. With option Detect only iPhone/iPad page will detect only iphone/ipad and will show the corresponding mobile page.
- Page Content (edit area) - Define what content to be included in the mobile version of current page.