Explorer panel shows your site structure, also known as the tree view, an outline of the pages in the website.
The Explorer panel is a convenient place to manage your pages. The page selected in the tree will show in the Main Screen panel (see below) for viewing and editing.
Sites can contain one or more language versions (). Each language version contains a set of pages (), organized in menus ().
You can have different pages - Blog, Calendar, Newsletter, Normal - each with its own icon to aid recognition. For more information on page types, check the Insert Page section.
EZGenerator automatically creates up to three menu levels - the first level (defining the website Menus), the second level (Pages) and third level (Subpages). To exclude a page/subpage from the upper-level menu right-click the page and select 'Hide/Show'.
The image on the left displays a typical EZGenerator site structure:
Menu A and Menu B build first level menu and pages Page 1, Page2, etc build second level menu. For more complex sites, you can set third level menu by creating Subpages - these are pages nested inside a page.
Basic Operations in Explorer panel
- Double-click a folder or press the (+)/(-) to expand/shrink.
- Left-click a page to load its content in the Main Screen.
- Right-click a page to access the Context Menu to add, duplicate and delete pages.
- Click a page/menu title once to change its name.
- To move a page to another folder, click its icon and drag-and-drop it to the new location.
- To change the order of the pages inside a menu, click the icon of a page and drag-and-drop it over the icon of another page.
- Folders are automatically deleted if they don't contain any pages.
- To nest a page inside another page (to create subpage), press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard, then drag the icon of a page and drop it on another page. You can also create subpage, using the Context Menu (see below).
Explorer Context Menu
Right-click in the Explorer panel to access its context menu. The following commands are available:
- Add Page CTRL+N - Opens the Add Page window where you can add new pages.
- Duplicate Page- Duplicates the web page currently selected in the Explorer panel. The duplicated page will have the same type, contents and name as the original, and shares the same menu (folder).
- Delete Page CTRL+DEL - Deletes the web page currently selected in the Explorer panel. You can not restore a page once it is erased.
- Add Blank Page - Adds a Blank page to your site. You will be prompted to fill page name and select folder.
- Add Subpage - Adds a Blank page as a subpage. You will be prompted to name the page and select folder.
- Add Menu Item - Adds a new menu to the site. You will be prompted to fill menu name. Since empty menus can exist, a blank page with the same name will be inserted in the menu.
- Add Language - Adds a new language to the site. You will be prompted to fill language name, charset and site name (you can later change these settings).
- Duplicate Language - Duplicates the language currently selected in the Explorer panel. The duplicated language will have the same page structure as the original.
- Add External Link - Adds menu item that will link to external URL. You will be prompted to fill menu name and set external url. Actually it will create blank page and will fill the url in External Link property in Page Settings panel.
- Rename - Renames selected page, menu or language.
- Hide/Show current page in menu - Hides/shows the page in the site menu. The page is still generated, so it can be linked from other pages. You can also set this directly in Page Settings panel.
- Use page as Search Template - If you check this box, current page will be used as template when search results are displayed. For more information about customizing search result page, check Customize Search Result page.