EZGenerator allows you to embed various media objects in your web pages, including video clips, MIDI music, MP3 music etc. The objects are displayed using one of several popular media players:
- Windows Media Player - included with Windows 98, Windows 2000 and later;
- QuickTime Player - included with MacOS/MacOSX, free download for all other platforms
- RealMedia Player - a free download for all platforms.
All the required HTML code is automatically generated by EZGenerator when you export the site.
- Position the cursor | where you want to insert the the media object.
- Go to Editing Tools.
- Press the Widgets button and select Embed Media.
- In the Open File dialog, select the player you want use (see the buttons on the right side of the dialog window). The choices are Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player and RealMedia Player.
- From the Open File dialog, select the media file to insert (if the file is not visible, try other selections in the File Types drop-down menu).
- Click OK.
Note, that the media file contents are not previewed in the Main Screen. You will see this graphic icon representing the object's position in the page:
Switch to Browse mode or make an offline preview of the page to see the actual media contents.
Note: If the visitors don't have the player you selected, the browser will usually try to play the file with any of the other available players (if they support that file type).
Media Player Properties
Once the object is inserted, double-click the preview image to access the player properties window. The following properties are available:
- Media Source (read only) - Read-only property pointing to the media file to be displayed in the page.
- Player ID (text box) - The player ID is a unique string name for the player object which is used in scripting. EXPERTS ONLY!
- Width (number box) - Sets the width of the object.
- Height (number box) - Sets the height of the object.
Some of the following properties may not be available to all the players:
- Auto Start (check box) - The media file starts playing automatically.
- Auto Size (check box) - Allows the player to resize automatically, according to the content displayed. Don't fill the width and height boxes if you check this box.
- Loop (check box) - The file restarts playback from beginning after it finishes.
- User Interface Mode (drop-down menu box) - Set size for the media player window. You can select between invisible, none, mini and full. None is a mode without player controls.
- Volume (number selector) - Set the default volume when the player starts.
- Play count (number selector) - Sets how many times the media will be repeated before stopping.