The Social Bookmarks widget adds social bookmarks to your page. Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of websites and resources. They can be a very powerful means of advertising your website as people can make links to your pages with a single click that will be seen by their social media contacts.
The widget is not displayed in EDIT mode. Switch to BROWSE mode or make an offline preview to see the widget in context. While in EDIT mode you will see this icon:
- Position the cursor | where you want to insert the widget.
- Go to Editing Tools.
- Select providers.
- Press the Widgets button and select Social Bookmarks.
- Adjust the form settings (see below) and press OK. You can change the settings later by double-clicking the widget icon while in EDIT mode.
Double-click the widget preview icon to edit its settings:
Select which social bookmark providers you want to include in the page. EZGenerator will show a panel with icons for available social media bookmarking icons.
- Type (drop-down menu) - Choose whether to have the bookmarks panel as popup window or directly on page.
- Columns (number selection box) - Set the number of columns the panel will contain.
- Column Width (edit box) - Set the width for the columns.
- Row height (edit box) - Set the height for the rows that the panel will contain.
- Border (edit box, drop-down menu and color picker) - Set the width, style and color for the panel border.
- Background (color picker) - Set the background for the panel.
- Hover (color picker) - Set hover color (when the mouse is moved over the widget) for the service providers links.
- Open Links in New Window (check box) - If checked bookmarks links will open in new window.
- Labels (check box) - Check this box to show bookmark name labels included in the panel. Otherwise only icons will display.
- Font, Size and Color (drop-down menu and color picker) - Set font, font size and color for the service providers links.
- Variant (drop-down menu) - Specify how letters will appear, normal or as small caps.
- Weight (drop-down menu) - Specify the weight of the font, normal, bold, bolder or lighter.
If you want to load predefined settings or save the current settings for later, use the Presets option (at the top left corner). For more information see Presets.