The MARQUEE widget adds a 'text crawler' to you page. That is scrolling text that can be used to display a long or short eye-catching message. Use these type of effects sparingly, we all know it can be annoying when a page has too many moving images. The widget is not displayed in EDIT mode. Switch to BROWSE mode or make an offline preview to see the widget in context. While in EDIT mode you will see this icon:
- Position the cursor | where you want to insert the widget.
- Go to Editing Tools.
- ClickWidgets button and select Marquee.
- Adjust the form settings (see below) and press OK. You can change the settings later by double-clicking the widget icon while in EDIT mode.
Double-click the widget preview icon to open its settings window:
- Text area (edit box) - Enter the MARQUEE message.
- Direction (drop-down menu) - Text flow direction. Choose between left, right, up and down.
- Behavior (drop-down menu) - Text flow motion. Choose between scroll, slide and alternate.
- Loop (number selection box) - Set the number of loops. Use -1 for a continuous loop.
- Scroll Amount (number selection box) - The scroll motion jump-size in pixels. Use this to control smoothness/speed, combine with True Speed (ms).
- Delay (ms) (number selection box) - Sets the delay between each motion jump.
- True Speed (ms) (number selection box) - Sets the time between jumps. Combine with the above two settings to control speed and smoothness.
- Events (edit box) - Defines additional events for your marquee.
- Effect (drop-down menu) - Set additional mouse effects - slowdown or stop on mouse over.
- Align (drop-down menu) - Set the alignment for the marquee.
- Use Font (check box) - Check this box to apply the font settings below. If unchecked the default page font will be used.
- Font (drop-down menus and color picker) - Set font, font size and color for the marquee text.
- B/I/U (toggle buttons) - Bold, italic and underline text effects.
- Line Height (number selection box) - Set the marquee line height in %.
- Letter-spacing (edit box) - Sets the space between letters in the marquee.
- Variant (drop-down menu) - Select small-caps option, to apply a small-caps effect.
- Height & Width (edit boxes) - Set the height and width for the marquee block (in pixels). Use % if you want to set it as a percentage of the host page.
- Spacing (Horizontal & Vertical) (number selection boxes) - Set horizontal and vertical space between marquee and the surrounding content.
- Color (color picker) - Set background color for the marquee.
- Background Image (image picker) - Set a background image for the marquee.
- Repeat (color and image picker) - Defines how the background image is repeated. The repeat value will repeat the image both horizontally and vertically. The repeat-x value will repeat the image horizontally while the repeat-y value will repeat the image vertically. Use no-repeat value if you don't want the background image to be repeated.
- Position (color and image picker) - Use the Position drop-down menu to set the initial position of the specified background image.
- Generator (color and image picker) - Use this button to design your own background. For more info check Background Generator.
- Border (edit box, drop-down menu and color picker) - Set the border size, style and color for the marquee block. Leave Size box empty to set invisible borders.
If you want to load predefined settings or save current settings and use them later for another object, use the Presets option (at the top left corner). For more information see Presets.