The Field Properties window is available for every form input control (field) in your pages. The properties vary depending on the type of page.
To access Field Properties window:
- Select a page with a form in the Explorer Panel.
- Double-click on a form input control or right-click and select Field Properties from the menu.
- Field Name (edit box) - Set the form field name. This name is used as reference of field when form is submitted.
- Locked (check box) - This check box is available only in and page types. If checked, enforces ban for changing field name.
- Friendly Name (edit box) - This check box is available only in and page types. Sets field friendly name. If you need to change form field name, please change the friendly name instead.
- Title (edit box) - Sets field title, used from the browsers to show hint.
- Tag Attributes (edit box) - Use this edit box if you need to define any additional custom attributes for the form field (for advanced users only).
- Value (editbox) - Sets initial value for the field.
- Validate as E-mail (check box) - Check this box if field will be used for email address and you want it to be validated when user fills it.
- Fields is Required (check box) - This check box is available only in and page types. Check this box if you need to define the field as required in the form.
- Width (edit box) - Sets field width.
- Visible Row (number selector) - Sets how many rows will be visible (available for list boxes).
- Max Length (number selector) - If you have set Width, select max size for the field.