Add audio/video files to the page. Supported formats include MP3, MP4, SWF or FLV files. FLV is native video format and will be streamed by the player. SWF is animation and can also be used as video, but SWF files need to be fully downloaded before they start to play (no streaming is supported).
Audio/video will be played by EZGenerator built-in Flash player. You can use Add Url option to insert links to external media.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the player.
- Go to Editing Tools.
- Press the Widgets button and select Audio/Video.
- Flash Player window will open. Use Add button to insert MP3/MP4/SWF/FLV file(s). Use the Add Url button to insert external file(s) - you can insert links from Youtube, Googlevideo and Dailymotion media. In the Player Skin section, select skin for the player.
Note, that the flash player is not directly previewed in EDIT mode. Instead, you will see this graphic icon representing the object's position in the page layout:
Switch to BROWSE mode or make an offline preview of the page to see the actual player.
Flash Player Properties
Once inserted, the flash players behave as a standard flash and their properties are identical to those of a standard flash object.
Double-click the flash icon to access its Flash Properties.
EZGenerator parameters are displayed in the Parameters edit box - skin (graphic design) and name of the xml file that stores the media files list.
You can append few more parameters there:
&repeat= - Loop a number of times, if loop is used. Example: skin=apdb_27.xml&list=apdb_27.xml&repeat=3 will loop 3 times.
&volume=[0..100] - Change the default volume. Example: &volume=50 will set volume to 50%.
&download=1 - Enable download option for media files. Example: &download=1
&shuffle=1 - Force the player to play a random song when page is opened. Example: &shuffle=1
&image= - Set a start image. Make sure you have copied the image in the proper folder in project. Example: &image=myimage.jpg
&startString = - Set a welcome text that will be displayed inside player. Example: &image=welcome
If you want to use the Flash player to play files from Podcast RSS, use &list= parameter. Example: &list=http://www.image-line.com/podcast/samplecddemopodcast.php?action=rss
If your Flash Player does not work with a YouTube link, make sure fopen_url option in php.ini (located on your web server) is ON (or check with your provider).
Supported MP3 Formats
Since the audio player is based on the Flash Player, the MP3 files you use must be compatible with the Flash Player:
- Sample Rate - The audio player supports sample rates of 11025 Hz, 22050 Hz and 44100 Hz. If the MP3 you use has different sample rate, please convert it before using it in EZGenerator.
- Bitrate - The audio player supports MP3 bitrates from 8 kbps to 192 kbps (8, 16, 20, 24, 32, 48, 56, 64, 80, 112,128, 160, 192).
- Bitrate Mode - The audio player supports only constant bitrate mode (CRB). Variable bitrate MP3 files (VBR) are not supported.
this widget can also handle external JWPlayer, to include JWplayer in list of presets, follow howto