These settings are applied to all PHP format pages and features in your site, such as: Blog, Podcast, Photoblog, Calendar, Subscribe, Tell a friend, Online Editable Page, Request, Shop, Search, Counter and the Page Protection system.
Email related settings
- Return Path (edit box) - Use if your host provider has set trusted (registered) users to be used as "From" a given email address. Type the administrator email address (or other) that will be used as "From" email address. This option will set the f- mail sending option in PHP.
- Sendmail From (edit box) - Use if your host provider has not set a Sendfrom_email configuration option in php.ini. Enter the administrator email address (or other).
- Use SMTP to send PHP mail (check box) - Check this check box if you want to use SMTP to send mail.
Note: Normally these settings should be given to you by your host provider.
- Host (edit box) - Hostname of the SMTP server (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol).
- Port (edit box) - Connection port for the SMTP server (the default port is 25).
- Hello (edit box) - Text to be sent as the HELO command (typically the hostname of the machine this script runs on). HELO is the first contact message sent to the mail server (usually on port 25).
- Authentication (check box) - Select to use basic authentication.
- Username (edit box) - If Authentication is checked, type the username for authentication.
- Password (edit box) - If Authentication is checked, type password for authentication.
Use this setting if server is configured to the wrong timezone (usually the case if your server is in another country or state). Click the link Supported Time Zones to check how to define the time zone you want to set.
Sessions and URLs
- Session Save Path (edit box) - Sessions (semi-permanent log of the information interchange between users and your website) are stored here. On some servers this setting is not set in the configuration php.ini file. If this is your case, enter the session path as provided by your host provider.
- Use Http Redirect (check box) - Some of the PHP pages use redirection. Check this box if you want to use Http redirection. Use this only in case the standard PHP redirection does not work on your server.
- Use Host Name to build Absolute url's (check box) - Use absolute paths inside PHP scripts.
PHP Folders (applicable for non-MySQL project only)
If your site uses non-MySQL mode (for more info, check MySQL Settings), pages as Blog, Calendar, Newsletter, Online Editable Page, etc will store data in database files. These files have the extension .ezg.php and are stored in ezg_data/ directory on server. This folder requires write permissions.
- Data Path (edit box)- In case your provider does not allow write permissions for ezg_data/ directory and sets another directory to be used instead, you have to define this directory here. Set the path to this directory in relation to the root.
On linux/unix servers, permissions are set with command Chmod.
- Chmod (edit box) - By default EZGenerator sets Chmod 666 for the database files (if server allows it). Change the default parameter only if this is required and you are sure what you are doing.
- Chmod Upload Folders (edit box) - Write permissions are also required for a few folders on the server. By default EZGenerator sets Chmod 777 for these folders (if server allows it). Change this parameter only if this is required and you are sure what you are doing.