Exchange rates are just numbers which you can use in calculaton. They are not altrnative currency prices.
The main indea of this section is to define the ratio of each exchange rate, and use it globally among the given shop subpages, thus saving time in replacing values for exchange rates on a daly basis.
- Create exchange rates macros:
- Go to shop online admin page and click on "SETTINGS" navigation tab.
- Click on "exchange rate" button.
- In Exchange Rate Options table you can add currencies with rates. You can only use lowercase characters and underscore for the currency name and floating point numbers or whole numbers for the rate.
- When finished adding currencies with rates click on "Save" button and now you have macros currencies in your database. Those currencies are available only for current shop page.
- Use exchange rates in shop page (img.1):
- Open you project in Ezgenerator and go to the shop page for which you create Exchange Rates (currencies macros).
- Click on "categories", for example.
- in "CART" you can type: %EVAL(%your_currency_name%<*>%SHOP_TOTAL%)% or other formula
- Publish your changes.
- In the end eval function multiplies current SHOP_TOTAL by your exchange rate.